Books, Fabric & Yarn purchased in 2011

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Eve


I have also joined the Women of the Bible group on Yahoo Groups.  And, this is Eve.  The colors are symbolic for me:

Green - the vegetation of the garden
Blue - the water flowing through the garden
Yellow - Sunshine
Pink - God's love for humanity, a mother's love for her children, and the beautiful flowers in the garden.

This study/quilt along is a bit of a stretch for me.  I was  raised as a Christian, and have, at times, been very religious.  However, I've had some very unfortunate experiences in organized religion.  I am also a staunch feminist and liberal. Somewhere in all of that, my faith  and feelings about religion and attending church have suffered.  However, I'm drawn to this study/group/quilt. So, we'll see where this takes me.  I guess I didn't really need to write the above explanation, but it seems more honest for me to write the disclaimer.

I paper-pieced this block.  I purchased the EQ pattern set and printed the "parts" for an 8" block.  I used Carol Doak's paper, which makes tearing it off super easy.  I also used an add-a-quarter ruler to measure and cut the seam allowances.  This is not a necessity but makes the process easier.

I'm happy with Eve and look forward to blocks symbolizing other women of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment