Books, Fabric & Yarn purchased in 2011

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Just Call Me Slowpoke . . . . .

This as far as I got last night on block number 4 for my Suffrage Quilt.  It's called Kansas Sunflower, and I need to hand piece it.  I suppose there are some people who could machine piece it, but I'm not one of those folks.  I base my style of hand piecing from my time on the Dear Jane List.  I printed the pattern from Block Base on to freezer paper.  That makes it very easy to get all of the templates just the right size.  This way of prepping a block for hand piecing is still very fiddle-ly and is not my favorite thing which is probably why my Dear Jane quilt has been stalled at 50 blocks for several years.

However, I had a lot of fun picking the fabrics and prepping JUST ONE block.  :-) Now, on to the sewing.


1 comment:

  1. That's lovely! You are farther than I am, since I have, so far, only collected the first four blocks!

    ReplyDelete