Books, Fabric & Yarn purchased in 2011

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Churn Dash

 Here are my (slightly blurry) blocks for the second week of the THQA-2012.  Nice and easy and fun!

I may have mentioned that I've not sewn much in several years. These blocks let me really work on my quarter-inch seam as well as all the basics of quilt-making. Although I'm not a beginner, I find it helpful to practice basic skills as I go along.








And here are all the blocks that I've made for this quilt so far.  The blue under the blocks is the fabric that I'll be using for the setting triangles for the zig-zag setting.  I hadn't realized that I'd cut off a "hunk" of this fabric somewhere along the way until I laid it down for this picture.  Silly me!!  I sure hope I don't need this "hunk" when it is time to cut the triangles.


UGH!!!  I also need to learn Blogger!!!  There is no big space between my first picture and the second while I'm writing, but when I preview, it's there, and I don't know how to correct it.  Well, I've got time to learn, and it's all a journey, right?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! The fabric for the setting triangles is really nice too.
    When I have big spaces on my blog, I change from "Compose" to "HTML" and remove the space there (sounds scary but it really isn't - if I can do it!I), don't know why Blogger does that.

    ReplyDelete