Books, Fabric & Yarn purchased in 2011

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Now where was I . . . . . . .

Last week I attended PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) which is held at the Santa Clara Convention Center near my home each year.  Oh, what a lovely show! Over the next week I'll show some of the pictures that I took at the show.  What a happy (though tiring) day I had.  I viewed all the quilts but didn't make it to all the vendors, oh darn!!  I didn't even spend all that much money (how did that happen)??

I've sewn a bit, so without further ado . . . . .

Jack of Hearts Mystery

I've started the mystery quilt hosted by Heather Spence.

Here are my fabrics:
(Did you notice that old, old Moda designed by Robyn Pandolph?  Now she designs for RJR.)

And, here is Step One:


Aunt Eliza's Star


This block is from the Grandmother's Choice, Votes for Women Block of the Week.  This week's block symbolizes child custody - or the lack there of - or the fight for fair child custody.  Barbara Brackman includes an history lesson each week when presenting the block.  I thought this week's lesson was especially interesting.  I think it MUST have been heart-breaking for women to lose their children if they needed to leave a bad or abusive marriage.

We've come a long way, Baby.  We must not let our hard-won rights be threatened!!

No comments:

Post a Comment