Books, Fabric & Yarn purchased in 2011

Monday, October 1, 2012

What I did Saturday - - -

Another block.  New Jersey. This one is for my Sufferage Quilt.

I had such a good time making this block.  OK, I've said I was a slow-poke before, but this will PROVE it.  It took me two hours to pick fabric, cut it, and complete the block.  Due to pain, I usually restrict my sewing to one hour (or one CD length), but I was feeling pretty well and was having so much fun that I pushed on through.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I am enjoying using all the florals.  I'll start putting the blocks together soon.  I'm doing a straight sashed set, so I can start putting the blocks together right away. That way I'll know when I need a color, a bright, a dark or another "thing" that the quilt wants.  Yes, my quilts talk to me; don't yours talk to you?

1 comment: